Welcome to the Plant High School Swimming and Diving! We are a dedicated group of student-athletes who are passionate about the sport of swimming and diving. We’re committed to achieving excellence both in the pool and in the classroom. As a proud member of our school community, we strive to represent our institution with integrity, sportsmanship, and a strong work ethic.
Practices start from the beginning of August prior to the start of the school year until early November based on state qualifiers.
- The swim team practices from 4:00-5:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Diving is Monday and Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30pm at Bobby Hicks Pool.
- Practices are a combination of in water and dryland training.
- Swimmers and divers must maintain attendance, behavior and time standards in order to remain in good standing on the team.
Commitments & Expectations
- Swimmers and Divers are expected to represent themselves and the team with integrity.
- All swimmers and divers are expected to be on time to practices and meets, behave professionally and model good sportsmanship at all events.
- Practice attendance is mandatory and if you are not able to attend, coaches need to know ahead of time directly from the athlete when there is a conflict.
- Coaches need to know early in the season, if possible when there is a conflict with a meet, meet lineups are extremely difficult to change once they are completed.
- PHS encourages swimmers and divers to join club programs in order to swim year round.
- During high school season, we understand that there are often times conflicts with both high school and club practices.
- All club swimmers are REQUIRED to attend high school practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the entire practice as long as they are continuing to swim for their club programs on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- ALL swimmers need to attend practice from July 31-August 9 regardless if they swim club or not.
- After school starts we will begin the club/high school schedule.